Last Updated: September 1, 2020
This Privacy Notice describes how Mustard Square LLC (hereinafter referred to as “Mustard Square,” “we,” and “us”)
collect, use, disclose, transfer, store, retain or otherwise process your information when you (whether you are a person or
business) apply or sign up for a Mustard Square account or other services through Mustard Square’s website or applications
This Privacy Notice applies to your use of our Services, and covers information collected in connection with your access to
and use of our Services. Please read this Privacy Notice carefully. By continuing to interact with our Services, you are consenting
to the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU:
We need to collect information about you to provide you with the Services or the support you request. The type of information we
collect can vary depending on the country from which you access our Services. Additionally, you can choose to voluntarily provide
information to us.
Information You Provide:
We collect information you provide when you apply or sign up for a Mustard Square account or other Services, go through our identity or
account verification process, authenticate into your account, communicate with us, answer our surveys, upload content, or otherwise use the Services.
We collect information about you when you use our Services, including:
• Identification Information. Your name; email address; mailing address; phone number; photograph; birthdate; passport, driver’s license,
Social Security, Taxpayer Identification, or other government-issued identification; or other historical, contact, and demographic information when
you apply or sign up for a Mustard Square account or other Services, signature, and authentication credentials (for example, information you use to login to your
account), including IP address.
• Other Information You Provide. Information that you voluntarily provide to us, including your survey responses; participation in contests, promotions, or other
prospective seller marketing forms or devices; suggestions for improvements; referrals; or any other actions performed on the Services.
Information We Collect From Your Use of our Services:
We collect information about you and the devices you use to access the Services, such as your computer, mobile phone, or tablet. The information that we collect includes:
• Precise Geolocation Information. The location of your device.
• Device Information. Information about your device, including your hardware model, operating system and version, device name, unique device identifier, mobile network information,
and information about the device’s interaction with our Services.
• Use Information. Information about how you use our Services, including your access time, “log-in” and “log-out” information, browser type and language, country and language setting
on your device, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, the domain name of your Internet service provider, other attributes about your browser, mobile device and operating system, any
specific page you visit on our platform, content you view, features you use, the date and time of your visit to or use of the Services, your search terms, the website you visited
before you visited or used the Services, data about how you interact with our Services, and other clickstream data.
• Customer Information. Information you collect from your customers, including email address, phone number, payment information, or other information.
Information We Collect From Other Sources:
Our Services are general audience services not directed at children under the age of 13. If we obtain actual knowledge that any information we collect has been provided by a child under the age of 13, we will promptly delete that information.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION:
We may use information about you for a number of purposes, including:
Providing, Improving, and Developing our Services:
• Determining whether the Services are available in your country;
• Otherwise providing you with the Mustard Square products and features you choose to use;
• Displaying your historical transaction or appointment information;
• Providing, maintaining and improving our Services;
• Developing new products and services;
• Delivering the information and support you request, including technical notices, security alerts, and support and administrative
• messages including to resolve disputes, collect fees, and provide assistance for problems with our Services or your Mustard Square account;
• Improving, personalizing, and facilitating your use of our Services;
• Measuring, tracking, and analyzing trends and usage in connection with your use or the performance of our Services.
Communicating with You About our Services:
• Sending you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us about our products and services;
• Conducting surveys and collecting feedback about our Services.
Protecting our Services and Maintaining a Trusted Environment:
• Investigating, detecting, preventing, or reporting fraud, misrepresentations, security breaches or incidents, other potentially prohibited or illegal activities, or to otherwise help protect your account, including to dispute chargebacks on your behalf;
• Protecting our, our customers’, or your customers’ rights or property, or the security or integrity of our Services;
• Enforcing our Terms of Service or other applicable agreements or policies;
• Verifying your identity (e.g., through government-issued identification numbers);
• Complying with any applicable laws or regulations, or in response to lawful requests for information from the government or through legal process;
• Fulfilling any other purpose disclosed to you in connection with our Services;
• Contacting you to resolve disputes, collect fees, and provide assistance with our Services.
Advertising and Marketing:
• Marketing of our Services;
• Communicating with you about opportunities, products, services, contests, promotions, discounts, incentives, surveys, and rewards offered by us and select partners;
• If we send you marketing emails, each email will contain instructions permitting you to “opt out” of receiving future marketing or other communications.
• For any other purpose disclosed to you in connection with our Services from time to time.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION:
We may share information about you as follows:
With Other Users of our Services with Whom You Interact:
• With other users of our Services with whom you interact through your own use of our Services. For example, we may share information when you make or accept a payment, appointment, or money transfer using our Services.
With Third Parties:
• To a subsequent owner, co-owner, or operator of one or more of the Services; or
• In connection with (including, without limitation, during the negotiation or due diligence process of) a corporate merger, consolidation, or restructuring; the sale of substantially all of our stock and/or assets; financing,
acquisition, divestiture, or dissolution of all or a portion of our business; or other corporate change.
Safety and Compliance with Law:
• If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary (i) to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request (e.g., from tax authorities, law enforcement agencies, etc.); (ii) to enforce or comply with our Terms of Service or other applicable agreements or policies; (iii) to protect our or our customers’ rights or property, or the security or integrity of our Services; or (iv) to protect us, users of our Services or the public from harm, fraud, or potentially prohibited or illegal activities.
With Your Consent:
With your consent. For example:
• At your direction or as described at the time you agree to share;
• When you authorize a third party application or website to access your information.
Aggregated and Anonymized Information:
• We also may share (within our group of companies or with third parties) aggregated and anonymized information that does not specifically identify you or any individual user of our Services.
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR INFORMATION:
We generally retain your information as long as reasonably necessary to provide you the Services or to comply with applicable law. However, even after you deactivate your account, we can retain copies of information about you and any transactions or Services in which you may have participated for a period of time that is consistent with applicable law, applicable statute of limitations or as we believe is reasonably necessary to comply with applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request, to detect or prevent fraud, to collect fees owed, to resolve disputes, to address problems with our Services, to assist with investigations, to enforce our Terms of Service or other applicable agreements or policies, or to take any other actions consistent with applicable law.
You may access, change, or correct information that you have provided by logging into your Mustard Square account at any time or by making a request to us using the contact info below. Please note that in which case we may need to verify your identity before granting access or otherwise changing or correcting your information.
Deactivating Your Account
If you wish to deactivate your account, you can do so by logging into your Mustard Square account or by emailing us using the contact information provided below.
In order to provide certain Services, we may require access to location information, including precise geolocation information collected from your device. If you do not consent to collection of this information,
certain Services will not function properly and you will not be able to use those Services. You can stop our collection of location information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device.
If you do so, some of our mobile applications will no longer function. You also may stop our collection of location information via mobile application by following the standard uninstall process to remove all
Mustard Square mobile applications from your device.
California Privacy Rights:
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about our disclosure of your personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes
during the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to request this information, please contact us at the address listed below.
We take reasonable measures, including administrative, technical, and physical safeguards, to protect your information from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access,
disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Nevertheless, the internet is not a 100% secure environment, and we cannot guarantee absolute security of the transmission or
storage of your information. We hold information about you both at our own premises and with the assistance of third-party service providers.
STORAGE AND PROCESSING:
We may, and we may use third-party service providers to, process and store your information in the United States, Australia and other countries.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE:
We may amend this Privacy Notice from time to time by posting a revised version and updating the “Effective Date” above. The revised version will be effective on the “Effective Date” listed.
We will provide you with reasonable prior notice of material changes in how we use your information, including by email, if you have provided an email address. If you disagree with these changes,
you may cancel your account at any time. Your continued use of our Services constitutes your consent to any amendment of this Privacy Notice.
Please contact our Privacy Department with any questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Notice via [email protected]
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our notice, or if you believe our notice or applicable laws relating to the protection of your personal information have not been respected, you may
send a complaint to our email address, and we will respond to let you know who will be handling your matter and when you can expect a further response. We may request additional details from you
regarding your concerns and may need to engage or consult with other parties in order to investigate and address your issue. We may keep records of your request and any resolution.